Cynthia Nixon, a woman of power, sex appeal and words! I'm taken back every time I listen to this woman speak. Its as if she is picking the shit out of my brain and belching it about for me!

On May 17th in the streets of New York City, thousands of people gathered for the Broadway Impacts Equality Rally. Nixon not only announced her engagement to lawful partner Christine Marinoni, but she managed to hit every aspect of marriage equality, freedom, civil rights, financial issues and the unlikeliness of any LGBT couple leaving their own state to seek marriage!

She then went on to chew at the opposing crowd on why we (LGBT family) are just as much human beings as they are:

Now the main argument I hear against legalizing same-sex marriage is that in some way this will forever alter and mar traditional marriage, and what I want to know is: How? How will my girlfriend and I getting married have any affect on you and your wife, or you and your husband sitting at home? I also hear that the right to legal same-sex marriage is seen as an attack on traditional marriage, and I want to say that you are not the ones being attacked, we are.

And please believe I'm not being flippant when I say this: The right to marry is about us, it is not about you, any more than the fight for integration was about white people, or a women's right to vote was about men. It is only about you to the extent that you have to live with yourself knowing that you are depriving a significant portion of the population their basic civil rights.

So "HELLO CITIZENS" time to wake up and grow up! Nixon is not only there defending herself but a family, a larger family than that of her fiance and kids, our LGBT family who sits everyday wondering if they too will ever be heard, looked at and accepted for love!

I have to emphasis the fact that WE ARE NOT INTERRUPTING YOUR FAULTLESS STRAIGHT LIVES! In a Liz Lemon tone "Blerg"!




Bookmark and Share

0 comments: