Another GLAAD nomination goes to MSNBC's Keith Olbermann for his eminent segment on Proposition 8, in the category for outstanding T.V Journalism. Now personally, I've never really sat down and watched Olbermann, mainly because I'm too busy gallivanting around in cyber-space, or watching my girl Rachel Maddow on CNN, but this piece is sincerely amazing! I actually felt a bit of a tear drop when I was listening to Olbermann open his heart and stand by his personal views for the whole world to devour. And you know his words were indeed devoured somewhere amongst the political-smug that goes down on a daily basis. What struck me as fascinating was Olbermann's body language and vocals. The amount of energy he had: anger just ripped through his pores; heartfelt and sincere. It took a courageous person to nail this "special comment", and for being a heterosexual it was empowering. I hope that he bustles this GLAAD award from the palms of the announcers hands for such a passionate piece that did indeed catch him this outstanding nomination. Good Luck Keith!



Bookmark and Share

0 comments: